BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION UPDATE:
Thanks to Central families, the PTA will receive a check for $455.40 for this year's first submission of Box Tops for Education. Each clipped Box Top is worth 10 cents for our school, so please keep clipping and submitting Box Tops! Students may bring baggies or envelopes of Box Tops to school at any time; pasting on sheets is not necessary. Please label baggies or envelopes with the student's name, teacher and House Color, so that the PTA can track submissions and reward top-collecting classes and House Colors.
THE 2017 WALKATHON RESULTS ARE. . . .
- Annual PTA Walkathon raises $10,537!
- Thirty-two door prizes, donated by local businesses, were presented to students who collected walkathon donations.
- Central’s top two fundraising classes will enjoy a pizza party donated by Salerno’s
- Ms. White’s fifth grade class for collecting $705
- Ms. Torrence’s fourth grade class for collecting 30 donations
- The Blue House won the house color competition and will receive 20 bonus points for collecting $1,652 in walkathon donations.
Thank you, students, parents, teachers, relatives, friends and area businesses, for helping the Central PTA!
16 October 2017
Our annual walkathon, that was held on October 31, helps fund many programs. Such as:
- Educational field trips to Boxerwood
- Educational assemblies, including The Wildlife Center of Virginia
- In-school theatrical performances
- House Color T-shirts for every student
- Classroom materials and equipment
- Teacher appreciation meals and treats
- Central Clothes Closet
- Family fun and movie nights
- Fall Festival and Spring Picnic
- Valentine’s Day classroom parties (K-2) and social (4-5)
- Campus beautification (new project for 2017-18!)
In past years, the Walkathon has been successful due to the support from Central families, friends and staff, as well as area businesses. Students don’t need to sell anything, but simply ask family and friends for donations. Every donation – no matter the amount – helps!
- Wednesday, March 21
- Monday, March 26
- Tuesday, March 27
- Wednesday, March 28
- Thursday, March 29
- Friday, March 30
- Friday, May 18
- Monday, May 21
- Friday, May 25
We are so thankful to all of our sponsors for their generosity!
American Freestyle Karate
Atlantic Bay Mortgage
Bank of Botetourt
City National Bank
Bruce Gardner Insurance Agency
H and K Properties, Inc.
Hall's Pump & Plumbing Repair
Dr. A.B. Hammond, PC
Layne's Country Store
Magic City Ford
Nelson Street Service Center
Providence III Preschool
Rockbridge Global Village
Friends of the Bears
Blue Ridge Animal Clinic
Buena Vista Family Dentistry
Dixie Gas & Oil Corporation
Hamric & Sheridan Jewelers
Healing Therapies & Bodyworks
Lexington Prescription Center